As we graduate and move on with life, memories of our experiences at school continue to shape the strong and successful women we become.
The USA/Canada Alumnae Chapter
The USA/Canada chapter of the FGGC Onitsha Alumnae Association was founded in 2009, originally by a few alumnae from the pioneer class of ‘82 through the class of ‘86, and has quickly extended to include active alumnae from across various graduating years.
The chapter’s membership continues to grow, and its social activities and charitable works, have garnered the recognition and support of the school, as well as other alumnae chapters around the world.
To provide opportunities for FGGC Onitsha alumnae across North America, to collectively give back for the continued growth and development of our Alma Mater and society, and to promote networking between alumnae that enrich their professional and personal lives.
To build a strong sisterhood and provide all Alumnae the opportunity to actively and collectively support the school through service, philanthropy and leadership.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of alumnae community in North America, to enhance collective engagement and contributions to our alma mater.
- Supporting the institution, which guided us through our formative years, by enhancing the educational (human capital) and infrastructural development (living environment), of the institution.
- Providing avenues for social and professional mentoring & networking for the alumnae community.
- Implementing fundraising and social events/activities like the bi-annual conventions to support our alma mater.
- Undertaking projects that directly enhance the quality of life, teaching and learning environments of the students and members of staff.
- Strengthening the bonds of alumnae members through different life cycles and phases such as birthdays, childbirths, weddings, loss of nuclear family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings).
- Celebrating members of the Alumnae community; highlighting their achievements as a source of inspiration to all.
Executives [2017 - 2019 Term]
- Jullin Chikwelu Egbuji, Class of 1984 - President
- Alice Okali, Class of 1991 - Vice President
- Adaobi Uzoukwu Ubochi, Class of 1992 - Secretary
- Adaobi Ifebunandu Dike, Class of 1994 - Assistant Secretary
- Chinyere Okechukwu Odenigbo, Class of 1995 - Treasurer
- Ogo Emodi Akpan, Class of 1989 - Financial Secretary
- Ngozi Achike Morris, Class of 1996 - Legal Counsel
- Chinweoke Eke, Class of 1995 - Public Relations Officer [Content Management]
You are invited to contact the Executives at any time.
Other Alumnae Communities
- FGGC Onitsha Abuja Chapter, Abuja Nigeria
- FGGC Onitsha Lagos Chapter, Lagos, Nigeria
- FGGC Onitsha UK/Europe Chapter
Our Alma Mater
Federal Government Girls’ College Onitsha, an all girls boarding secondary school and part of the Nigerian Federal Government Unity schools, was founded in
1977. It is located in the Southeastern part of Nigeria. The first graduating class was the class of ‘82, guided by the leadership of its esteemed founding, and longest serving principal of the school,
The current acting principal is Barrister Mrs. Ngozi Anagbogu and our Old Girls’ Association Liaison Officer is Mrs. Ugochukwu.
Set to the theme of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony
Our members are our foundation
All FGGC Onitsha alumnae who reside in the USA or Canada are eligible and invited to join the chapter.
You can complete a registration request or refer an alumna for membership.
There is a one time registration fee of $20 and an annual membership fee of $100, which is due by April 15th of every year. Payment plans are also available.
You can pay via PayPal. You may also pay by mail or into our bank account.
Our Monthly meetings are every second Saturday at 11am ET. For conference call details, email our Secretary.
How to Help
There are various ways in which you can support the FGGC Onitsha Alumnae Association USA/Canada Chapter and its mission. As a member, you will be invited to participate in several give back initiatives. Members and non-members may also donate financially to support our various project initiatives.
We have multiple projects in the works and your contributions are always welcome.
Give by mail
Please email us for account information or payment related matters.